Rain, it beckons…

There is something mysteriously deep, dark and lovely about the rain.

The overshadowed skies in variant shades of gray, black and white, the tinge of blissful gloom that gently befalls, the breeze… sometimes mild sometimes wild, the subtle roars of distant thunder, the sudden yet vivid streaks of lightning that flashes across the ashened sky, the familiar sound of raindrops falling as it races swiftly to touch ground… and the fresh rustic smell of rain-kissed earth that follows!

Rain; in all its dripping glory, it beckons poetry… it beckons romance…  it beckons literature… it beckons a pleasant sigh, a silly smile, a warm cuddle… it beckons you to come alive from within and beyond yourself…

There is something mysteriously deep, dark and lovely about the rain.

Image: DeviantArt

Dee Written by:

Just another writeher who revels in the magic of words and the simple things of life. I want to just be and discover the secret of the stars, catch floating clouds, feel raindrops fall, watch distant lights, learn to soar and touch your soul...

35 Comments

1. July 29, 2016

Unraveling the mystery of rain is interesting…beautifully written. cheers

• July 29, 2016

Yep.. I guess for everyone.. rain has this ‘alluring’ feel to it! Thank you and cheers! 🙂

2. July 29, 2016

I see rain as an extension of my emotions. Somedays the skies cry for me. There are days, they shower delicate drops to represent the happiness in my heart. There is so much magic to them. I love em. Love em. Plenty.

• July 29, 2016

I read one of your posts on rains and i totally get it when you say it is an extension of your emotions. There are so many connotations attached to rain… both negatives and positives. There is something mysteriously deep, dark and lovely about the rain! 😉

3. It’s all enough to lift my spirits and take me to a realm of my own self – the rains! Lovely choice of the image and charming words too, Dee.

• July 29, 2016

Rains have that effect… right?! Thank you for your kind words! 🙂

4. July 31, 2016

Fabulous description of the rain. I’m enjoying a lovely monsoon myself so your words really struck a chord.

• August 1, 2016

Thank you… and yep enjoy enjoy!!! 🙂

5. Love this post, love your picture, and I love the rain! Your words are a perfect descriptor of how I feel about the rain. In fact it was really stormy here earlier, and now it has stopped, and I am kind of bummed.
    Great post!

• August 1, 2016

aaah… thank you so much… and wishing more rain your way! 🙂

6. August 1, 2016

Indeed rain has a tinge of mystery to it. Beautifully described. ?

• August 4, 2016

Awwww.. thank you! 🙂

7. August 2, 2016

Ah, those drip drip drop… <3 This is beautiful, Dee! Lovely prose and imagery.

• August 4, 2016

yep… those drip drip drops!!! Thank you for your kind thoughts on this! 🙂

• August 4, 2016

haha… subconsciously influenced I guess! Thanks for pointing it out… 🙂

8. August 4, 2016

i agree to this beautifully crafted poem. rain for me symbolizes gloom. 🙂

• August 4, 2016

Guess it means a lot of things to different people depending on their then state of mind! Thank you for your thoughts! 🙂

9. August 4, 2016

Such poetic words for a rainy day. I’m sure those who have been enduring an overly rainy summer might not share this enthusiasm, but for us who haven’t had much rain and desperately need several rainy days, these are beautiful words 🙂

• August 5, 2016

haha… two sides to a story! This was the glass-half-full version of the monsoon story! Thank you so much for your words! 🙂

10. Rain is a bliss. It beckons love, It provides an ecstatic sensation. I’m a pluviophile and, I have so many posts on my blog expressing my enchantment about rain. 😀 Glad to meet you, Dee, another rain-lover… 🙂

• August 4, 2016

oooooh lovely… will definitely check them out!!! 🙂

• 😀 … as monsoon has set in almost everywhere in India, hope to see more “rainy-shiny” posts from you…. 🙂

• August 4, 2016

Hee hee… hope so too! 🙂

11. August 4, 2016

Wonderful wordery, I love the rain for those days when I can just stay in and create. It provides a wonderful atmosphere.

• August 5, 2016

Home bee huh?! 🙂 Thank you so much! 🙂

• August 5, 2016

Definitely, home is where the hearth is 🙂

12. August 8, 2016

Lovely and serenading post…the pitter patter rain signifies bliss from above….enchanting and enamoring….refreshing and rejuvenating…

• September 4, 2016

Wow… lovely! Absolutely!

13. August 18, 2016

Love your writing 🙂
    PS: Please place your follow button somewhere accessible, I had to search for it 😛

• September 4, 2016

hahaha… thank you!!! 🙂

14. August 23, 2016

Whenever I think of rain…I think about new growth. Whenever I smell rain, I smell fresh air coming. Whenever I see the rain, I see palettes of warm colors. Whenever I hear the rain, I hear rhythmic beats. Whenever I feel the rain, I feel like I’ve been touched by Grace.

• September 4, 2016

Yep… in some ways it signifies new beginnings… and freshness and calm! Thank you for your lovely words! 🙂

Ink out loud here: