Movies and Magic

Before Sunrise. A beautiful movie. A love story.

The kind that lingers on, touches the soul, makes a difference… or so it did with me.

The story was real, honest, plausible.

The conversations were deep, intriguing, thought-provoking.

I watched it several, several years ago (school-going days) and it still remains untouched and hallowed. It easily grabs one of the top spots amidst the handful of movies I revere.

The sequels ‘Before Sunset’ and ‘Before Midnight’ had long since been out, but I never dared to watch it, lest you know… what if the magic slips away? Happens. I have this thing with movies and magic.

But finally, mustering up courage, I finally did watch it, yep both sequels back to back, impromptu (thanks to my brother who is no stranger to my drama).

And yet again, I became a part of their story, their romance, their lives again – gripped by their incredibly interesting conversations and their subtle yet strong chemistry. Seventh Heaven. No regrets.

But strangely, at the end of it all I was left facing a whole new emotion… hmmmm like I gained something new but yet at the same time it was like letting go of something that I held on for too long. Mixed emotions. A closure to something that never really began?! Haha!

Oh well… to movies, magic and more!

Dee Written by:

Just another writeher who revels in the magic of words and the simple things of life. I want to just be and discover the secret of the stars, catch floating clouds, feel raindrops fall, watch distant lights, learn to soar and touch your soul...

34 Comments

1. August 4, 2016

Hey, liked your post. i have not seen the movie, but the way you expressed your mixed bag of emotions – gaining & losing something you cherish! nicely put across.

and Oh, yes! happened to me so many times…

• August 4, 2016

Hee hee… thanks! Watch it sometime if you can! Which movies moved you? 🙂

• August 4, 2016

omg… a few of them… hmmm, let me recollect. shall revert(actually, few of them are in my mother tongue)
        will do, ma’am!(watch ‘before sunrise)

2. I haven’t watched the movie, but I agree on the “what if the magic slips away” part. It happens. Happened with me a couple of times and it hurts, big time.

3. August 4, 2016

It always happens to me with movies…can’t live without them. I gotta check this movie.
    Btw, love the look of your blog:)

• August 5, 2016

Glad you agree! 🙂 Yep, the movie is a great watch… over and beyond their subtle romance, their conversations are so deep and gripping – thought-provoking even. There are so many takeaways from this. Thanks for the compliment! 🙂

4. August 5, 2016

Yes, watching sequels are a bit risky, like you said – what if the magic slips away?

• August 5, 2016

Yep yep… thankfully in the case of the sunrise… it was pretty worth it! Magic remains, but different of sorts! 🙂

5. August 5, 2016

“What if magic slips away?” – Aww.. I feel you, Dee. I’ve felt this too with some movies.

• August 8, 2016

It’s amazing how movies can move us… it’s art…

6. August 5, 2016

Oh I have too many to name! Under the Tuscan Sun is one. I will keep this one on the watchlist.

• August 8, 2016

Let me try and get a hold on that one! Thanks! 🙂

7. August 9, 2016

Before Sunrise was an amazing movie indeed! I loved every moment in it…
    I am such a huge fan of chick flicks and love stories. Some of my all-time favourites are – Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman, Shall We Dance, Casablanca,…I can name a million you know! Love is a beautiful emotion and has been captured on celluloid many a times in many a different ways and yet seems fresh and endearing each time!!!
    I might just sit and watch a chick flick right now because you have got me thinking about those lovely moments that make you smile and get the butterflies fluttering in your stomach!

• August 10, 2016

hahaha.. so did you finally do that? Watched any? 🙂

• August 11, 2016

I did indeed!! Pretty Woman it was finally that I watched 😉

8. August 10, 2016

Ooh, BEFORE SUNRISE. One of my faves, very intellectual. I don’t see it as a chick flick, though.

Oh, and thanks for the FOLLOW!!! 🙂

• August 10, 2016

Yeah actually… true.. not a chick flick per se. I was going to and fro on that and finally since it was on romantic lines.. just left it at that. I might edit that line… 🙂

9. August 10, 2016

What types/genres of films do you like? Maybe I can recommend some.

• August 10, 2016

Anything offbeat or out of the box… and something I can learn from!

• August 11, 2016

At the top of my head for now (haven’t checked your list yet):

LA VITA E BELLA (LIFE IS GOOD) [italian]. I haven’t done any review on that yet either 🙂

AMELIE [French]

• September 5, 2016

Hey cool… thanks for the reco! 🙂

10. August 14, 2016

An ideal held unto remains resourceful, a fountain, a wellspring. I suppose that it can be reduced to the common place, perhaps by too much traffic. Perhaps this is what occurred to your love affair with the film you speak of. The increased frequency in extending it into two more chapters has deprived you of a altar, a small god, a pedestal found on your journey better left off from further exploration for it had entwined itself into a value self identified with.
    Thanks for the post.

• August 26, 2016

Yea I guess.. but now all the three movies combined are on a pedestal. One of my favorite ‘trilogy’ ever… if i might say so! Thank you for your words! 🙂

11. August 26, 2016

i can relate. sometimes sequels snatches the magic of the first movie/book. <3 lovely post, deaR!

• August 26, 2016

True that! Thank you!!! 🙂

12. September 2, 2016

You have just penned it beautifully. Thank you so much for following my blog! 🙂

• September 4, 2016

Thank you and welcome! Lol! 🙂

13. September 29, 2016

I havent watch the movie myself but the way you talked about makes me wanna do so.

• September 29, 2016